Monday, January 11, 2010

IDEA FOR THE DAY: Presentation is the key

When I first started cooking it was all about how to make my husband and I happy with the meal that was in front of us that evening, and I guess so that he would think I could cook. HE HE!! Because I am not sure I always did know how to cook. I remember helping my mother in the kitchen 80% of the time when she was making a meal. But was that really me cooking or my mother?? Anyways so I REALLY STARTED COOKING full on 4 course meals by myself when I got married. Many times I thought to myself, "Do I really know how to cook or do I just follow recipe's".  But now I know it takes more than following a recipe to make something taste yummy. Time passed and I new that food wasn't only to eat but to enjoy and I really enjoyed cooking it and transforming nothing in to something wonderful. After a few years of trial and error food started perfecting it self and it would take less time for me to make something that would take me several hrs to do before.  Revelation came when the Foodnetwork shows came out like Semi-Homemade and Barefoot Contessa and these shows made me look at food in quite a different way. FOOD LOOKED BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING, ENTICING!!! WELL JUST PLAIN GORGEOUS on t.v. and I wanted my food to look like that too. So I started to slowly perfect the look, now that I knew how to perfect the taste most of the time. :) Now I am not at PERFECTION yet, unfortunately I still have a lot to learn. But I am learning and trying to take in all the different ideas that I see EVERYWHERE. I truly am learning and can't wait to learn more.  I love to cook and create recipes that make me and others feel good.  FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment